Can I schedule time on a weekend?
Yes! We recently added weekends to Forecast, so you can now schedule on Saturday and Sunday.
All new Forecast accounts will automatically see Saturdays and Sundays on the schedule. If your older account doesn’t currently have weekends and you would like to add them, follow these steps:
- Go to your Settings and click the Learn More About Weekend Scheduling button.
- Read through the notes on the following page—especially that this is a permanent change that can’t be undone—then click Request Weekends For Your Account.
- Upon clicking the Request Weekends For Your Account button, we’ll send you an email with more details about enabling weekends. Just reply to that email confirming you would like to proceed, and we’ll take care of the rest.
Some assignments might be split when adding weekends
As part of the conversion to add weekends to your account, there might be some existing assignments that need to be split around the weekend to exclude Saturday and Sunday. This will ensure that no time is added or lost in your schedule.
These scenarios include:
- Existing assignments for part-time team members that span multiple weeks and count toward non-work days.
- Existing assignments for placeholders that span multiple weeks.
- Existing time off assignments that span multiple weeks and aren’t All Day.
All other existing project and time off assignments won’t need to be split.
Change the days of the week a person works
Saturday and Sunday are automatically set as non-work days for each person, but you can change them to regular work days by heading to Manage > Team and clicking their name, then clicking the Saturday and Sunday squares before saving your changes.