Adding People To Your Team
A person is anyone in your Forecast account.
When you schedule a person, their time appears as a colored bar. From the team view, these colored assignments make up a heat map, letting you know at a glance where a person is available, overbooked, or has time off.
Each person will have one of three permissions levels, ranging from no access to full read/write access, and the cost of Forecast is based on the number of people in your account. You can read more about our pricing here.
Note: If you’re a Harvest user, we suggest you import People from Harvest at any time via the Harvest integration.
To add a person to your team:
Head to the Schedule, then click the Team button.
Click the Add or Invite Person button that appears in the bottom left of your screen.
- Enter the person’s first and last name.
- Enter the person’s email address, if you’d like them to have access to your account.
- You can also assign the person a role. This allows you to narrow the view of the schedule to show a single team at a time.
- Adjust the person’s capacity to reflect the number of hours they’re available to work each week.
- Adjust the days of the week the person is available to work. We’ll divide the person’s capacity by the number of work days in order to display their availability accurately on the daily heat map.
If you’d like to invite this person to view or edit your Forecast schedule, check the box beside Invite this person to sign in…. and select their permission level.
- Click Save Person.
Note: You can also add people from your Team Page. Just head to the Manage > Team and click the Add or Invite Person button.