Timesheet: Week View
The Week view of your timesheet is ideal for adding a lot of time at once, so head here if you need to enter time for several days—or even weeks! You can reach this view by going to Time > Timesheet and ensuring that the Day/Week toggle is set to Week.
To enter and edit time in the Week view, the Timer Mode preference in your Settings needs to be set to Track time via duration. Learn more about timesheet settings here.
If you want a timer to run while you work or would like to add notes to your time entries, you’ll need to use the Day view. You can read more about that here.
How to Enter Time
- Click + New Row.
- Choose your project and task and click Save Row. You can quickly select by typing the project or task name in the selection box and hitting the Enter key.
- Enter your time in the new row. You can click the Save button to save it immediately or wait and let Harvest automatically save it within a few seconds.
You might see that rows from a previous week have been automatically copied to the new week without any time entered. You can click the x for a row if you don’t need it—and you can always re-add the row later if you do spend time on that task.
There are a few keyboard shortcuts that can help you fill out your weekly timesheet even faster.
- To add a new row: Hit the N key on your keyboard.
- To close the New Row window: Instead of clicking Cancel, just press ESC on your keyboard.
- To move between different days of the week: Use your tab key.
How to Edit Time
All users can edit or delete their own unlocked time. Users with administrator permissions can also edit another person’s time by clicking the Teammates button in the upper right corner of the timesheet.
- To add or change time for a project/task on a particular day: Click into the field in question and change it. Your timesheet will autosave in a few seconds, or you can manually save it.
- To delete a week’s worth of time for a project/task: Click the x to the right of the row.
To edit locked time, administrators will need to go to the Day view.