Each person in Harvest has a profile that contains information about them. Profiles are broken into three sections: Projects, Basic Info, and Security (the Security section will show as Resend Invitation if the person hasn’t accepted their invitation to Harvest yet).
Administrators in Harvest can view and edit other users’ profiles, while project managers and regular users can only view/edit their own profiles.
How to View a Profile
To view your own profile:
- Click your name in the upper right corner of Harvest.
- Click My Profile.
To view another user’s profile as an administrator:
- From Team, click on a person to view their Person Page.
- Click Edit Info (upper right corner).
Once in a profile, you can navigate to Projects, Basic Info, and Security from the menu on the left.
In the Projects section of a person’s user profile, non-administrators can see which projects they’re assigned to, and administrators can manage other people’s project assignments.
How to Assign Projects as an Administrator
- From the user profile, click Projects (left).
- Click into the search bar at the top of the page to search for and select the projects you want to assign.
- To add someone to all current projects, click Assign to all projects at the bottom of the search menu. This will also automatically assign the person to all new projects created in the future, but you can disable this option after you click Assign Projects.
- Click Assign Projects.
To remove someone from a project, simply click the X next to the project name. Removing someone from a project won’t delete time or expenses they’ve tracked to that project.
In the Basic Info section of a person’s profile, you can edit your personal details, or other people’s details if you’re an administrator. Here’s what’s included under Basic Info:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Roles (Only admins can view/edit)
- Capacity (Only admins can view/edit)
- Billable Rate (Only admins can view/edit)
- Cost Rate (Only admins can view/edit)
- Permissions (Only admins can view/edit)
- Notifications (Admins and project managers will see this option only if Timesheet Approval is turned on for the account)
This is also where administrators can archive/delete users.
Roles are descriptors for your teammates, and allow you to specify what role each person plays in your company: Designer, Manager, Copywriter, etc. If you enter roles for your teammates, when you run a report from Reports > Detailed Time you can choose to filter by roles. You can also filter your Team section by role.
This is a handy feature if you have people working in different parts of the world, as it allows people to track time in their own timezone. So for example, if you’re tracking time in New York City at 10am, and your employee in London is tracking time at the same time, their entry will show that it’s 3pm, since that’s their local time. Timezone will default to your account’s setting, but users will be given the option to set a timezone when they accept their invitation to the account.
Uploading a Photo
Employee and contractor photos appear in the Staff report under Reports > Time and on project analysis pages. To add a photo for someone:
- From the user profile, click Basic Info (left).
- Under Photo, click Choose File and upload a photo. We recommend that the photo size be 100 X 100 pixels.
- Click Save.
Editing Another Person’s Name or Email
Administrators in Harvest have the ability to change another person’s first and last names, as well as their email address. Some things to note:
- Updating the name of a user will change that user’s Harvest ID settings and will affect all accounts that person is a part of. They’ll receive an email notification that their name has changed, letting them know which Harvest and Forecast accounts are affected.
- Updating the email address of a user will create a new Harvest ID for that user and won’t affect any other Harvest or Forecast accounts that the prior email is a part of. They’ll receive an invitation at their new email address and should sign out of all their Harvest and Forecast accounts before accepting the new invitation. Once they’ve done that, they’ll be able to sign in to Harvest again.
To update another person’s name or email, administrators can:
- From the user profile, click Basic Info (left).
- Edit the First Name, Last Name, and/or Email field, and click Update Info.
All users who have signed into Harvest will have a Security section. If you’re an administrator looking at another user’s profile and they haven’t signed into Harvest for the first time, it will display as Resend Invitation instead.
Changing Your Password
- Click your name in the top right corner of Harvest and select My Profile.
- Under the Security tab, click Change Your Password. This will take you to the Security section of your Harvest ID.
- Click the green Change My Password button.
- You’ll receive a password reset email with a link you can follow to set a new password.
Viewing Authorized Applications
In the Security tab of your profile, you can also view any Harvest and third-party apps you’ve signed in to. If you need to revoke access to any of those apps for any reason, you can click the Revoke Access button.
What Administrators See in Another User’s Security/Resend Invitation Section
Administrators can’t see anyone else’s password. Instead, they’ll see a Reset Password button that will send the user instructions on how to reset their password. If the user hasn’t signed in to Harvest yet, administrators will see a Resend Invitations button.