Time Reports show the hours and billable information for each client, project, task, and team member.
If you’re an administrator, you’ll see all clients, projects, tasks, and team members for the account. Project managers and regular users will see information only for projects they’re assigned to.
How to Use the Time Report
This video goes over the basics of using the Time Report.
What You’ll See
Reports > Time has a summary panel that shows your company’s Hours Tracked, Billable Hours, Billable Amount, and Uninvoiced Amount for the timeframe displayed.
Below the summary is a table with time information organized into four tabs: Clients, Projects, Tasks, and Team.
A few notes about the the numbers you’ll see on this page:
- If Time Rounding is turned on, all hours will be rounded according to your settings.
- All tabs will only display the clients, projects, tasks, or team members with time tracked during the timeframe you’re viewing.
- The Uninvoiced Amount excludes Fixed Fee projects.
- The Billable Amount includes only Time & Materials projects by default; this applies to the Billable Amount in the summary panel and individual items on all tabs. You can also add Fixed Fee projects by selecting Include fixed fee projects on the report. If a client, project, task, or team member has time related only to Fixed Fee projects and Include fixed fee projects is not selected, there will be no Billable Amount displayed.
Here’s a breakdown of what you’ll see in each tab:
- The Clients tab shows time information by client.
- If you click a client name, it will take you to an individual client report, showing time information for all of the projects belonging to that client. Clicking a project name will take you to an individual project report.
- The Projects tab lets you compare all projects to each other.
- If you click a project name, it will take you to an individual project report.
- Under the Tasks tab, you’ll see a color-coded bar graph showing the distribution of hours per task.
- If you click a task name, it will take you to an individual task report.
- The Team tab organizes people by Employees and Contractors and shows the people who have tracked time during the time period you’re viewing.
- Clicking a person’s name will take you to an individual team member report.
You can change the report’s timeframe using the dropdown at the top right. You can also navigate back and forth through time with the arrows at the top left.
You can include Fixed Fee projects in the Billable Amount by selecting Include fixed fee projects. The billable amount will be calculated based on the project’s hourly rates.
Check Active Projects Only to remove any archived projects from the report.
- Export any report you’re viewing from the Export menu.
- If you’re using iWork Numbers, choose to export to CSV. Files exported to Excel aren’t compatible with Numbers.
View a Detailed Time Report for the page you’re viewing by clicking Detailed Report. Clicking the icon next to any hour total will take you to a Detailed Time Report for those specific hours.
- Print the report by clicking the printer icon.
Individual Client, Project, Task, and Team Reports
You can view more in-depth time reports by clicking an individual client, project, task, or team member’s name under their respective tabs. The rules above about Billable Amounts and the Uninvoiced Amount also apply to individual reports.
- The summary data change to reflect the client.
- Projects, Tasks, and Team tabs with billable information for the client.
- If you click a project, it will take you to a project report.
- If you click a task row, it will expand to show you the team members who have tracked time to that task.
- If you click a team row, it will expand to show you which projects that team member has worked on for that client.
- The summary data change to reflect the project.
- Tasks and Team tabs with billable and rate information for the project.
- If you click a task row, it will expand to show you the team who have tracked time to that task.
- If you click a team row, it will expand to show you which tasks that team member has worked on for that project.
- A See Project Lifespan link.
- This link will take you to the project’s analysis page, where you can see budget information and, in the Tasks and Team tabs, time and billable/cost information for the entire length of the project.
- The summary data change to reflect the task.
- Projects and Team tabs with billable information for the task.
- The summary data change to reflect that person.
- Projects and Tasks tabs with billable information for that person.