Regular Users — My Profile and Harvest ID
Each person in Harvest has a profile that contains information about them. In your profile, you can see which projects you’re on, view and edit details like your name and profile photo, choose which notifications you’d like to receive, change your password, and review connections to some Harvest-built and third-party integrations.
Some actions in your Harvest profile, such as editing your name or email address and changing your password, will take you away from the profile itself to your Harvest ID area. Harvest ID is the authentication system for Harvest and our other tool, Forecast. You can read more details about what exactly Harvest ID is and what you can do with it here.
To view your profile, click your name in the upper right corner of Harvest, then click My Profile. Once you’re in your profile, you can navigate to Projects, Basic Info, Notifications, and Security from the menu on the left.
In the Projects tab of your profile, you can see which active projects you’re assigned to. You can track time to any of those projects in your Time section.
Note that some or all of the projects listed here might not appear in the Projects section in the navigation bar at the top of the screen—you’ll only see projects there if an Administrator or Project Manager has chosen to share their details with everyone on the project. You can find more information about what to expect on your Projects page here.
In the Basic Info section of your profile, you can view and edit your personal details. Here’s what you’ll see there:
- First and Last Name
- Changes here will also affect any other Harvest and/or Forecast accounts where you use the same Harvest ID (that is, the same email address).
- Work Email
- You can’t update your email address from within your profile, but there’s a link there that will take you to the right place (https://id.getharvest.com/profile). Then, enter your new email address and click Update Email.
- The timezone will default to your account’s setting, which is controlled by your account Administrators. You can set your own timezone when you accept your invitation to the account, though, and can update it here whenever you need to if you sometimes (or always) work in a different part of the world.
- We recommend that your photo be 100 x 100 pixels.
In the Notifications section of your profile, you can manage the notifications we send to you.
Time Tracking Reminders
Need some help remembering to track your time? When you enable time tracking reminders, we’ll send you a notification if you haven’t tracked anything by the time you choose on the day(s) you select. These reminders are flexible based on how you track your time:
- If you track time every day as you go, you might want to set up reminders for when you normally start working.
- If you track time every day before you leave, you might want to set up reminders for right before you’re usually done for the day.
- If you track time all at once at the end of the week, you can set a reminder for either right before you leave on the last day of the workweek or in the morning when you start work for the week.
You can choose to receive time tracking reminders by email or as desktop notifications that pop up on your computer:
Pop-up notifications work based on your browser and are only available when using the latest version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge. If Pop up notifications on my computer is checked but you still aren’t receiving notifications, check your browser preferences to make sure they’re allowed for Harvest.
If you use either the Harvest for Mac or the Harvest for Windows app, these pop-up notifications will also open that app on your desktop!
We’ll send reminders based on the timezone you set in the Basic Info tab. We recommend tracking time every day—it’s the best way to ensure that your timekeeping is consistent and accurate.
Your Weekly Harvest
If you check the box here, we’ll email you a personal report at the beginning of each week—Your Weekly Harvest—to give you a colorful overview of how you spent your time the previous week.
Here, you can choose to hear from us occasionally when we share updates, tips, and interesting stories related to Harvest.
Changing your password
To change your password, click the Change Your Password button here to jump to the Security section of your Harvest ID. Click the green Change My Password button there to receive a password reset email with a link you can follow to set a new password.
Viewing authorized integrations and applications
- In the Integrations section of your profile’s Security tab, you can connect to or disconnect from some Harvest-built integrations, such as the Google and Outlook.com calendar integrations.
- In the Authorized Applications section, you can view any Harvest-built and third-party apps you’ve signed in to, such as our mobile and desktop apps. To revoke access to any of those apps, click the Revoke Access button.