If you’re a Regular User, check out our Regular User resources.
Manage expense categories from Manage > Expense Categories. Expense categories must be added before you can track expenses from Timesheets > Expenses.
Enabling the Expenses Section
- Click Settings (upper right corner).
- Only Administrators can view and change Account Settings.
- In the Customize Modules section, click Choose Modules.
- Check Expense Tracking, then save.
Adding an Expense Category
- Go to Manage > Expense Categories and click New Category.
- Enter the name of your category.
- If your category has a unit price, check the box beside This Expense has a unit price.
- A unit price can be anything you’d like, such as $0.50 per mile or $1 per copy. You’ll track the related expense by quantity (e.g., 2 miles, 5 copies) rather than by price. Harvest will automatically calculate the total price of all units tracked.
- Click Save Category.
You can read more about tracking expenses here.
Editing, Archiving, and Deleting Expenses
You can edit expense categories under Manage > Expense Categories by clicking the Edit button next to the expense name.
You can archive an expense category under Manage > Expense Categories. Just click the Archive button that appears to the right of any category name.
Here’s how archiving will affect your account:
- Once you archive a task, you cannot track an expense to it.
- All expenses that were already tracked to the archived category remain intact.
- You can also edit any expense entry tracked to an archived category.
You can restore your archived expense category at any time. To do so:
- Head to Manage > Expense Categories.
- Click the View Archived Categories link in the top right.
- Click Restore to the left of any archived category.
Expense categories can be deleted only if no expenses have been tracked to them. To delete an expense:
- Make sure all expense entries are deleted.
- Go to Manage > Expense Categories, and click the Delete button next to the expense name.