Administrators can add, edit, and archive clients and client contacts from Manage > Clients.
Adding a Client
- Go to Manage > Clients.
- Click New Client.
- Enter the client name, and address and currency if you like, and click Save Client.
The address and currency are optional. The address will appear on your invoices, and your invoices will automatically bill in the selected currency.
Adding a Client Contact
Once you’ve added clients, you can add client contacts. No email is sent when adding a contact. The email address is captured for your own reference and for the convenience of sending invoices to the client directly from Harvest. To add a client contact:
- Go to Manage > Clients.
- Click Add Contact next to a client’s name, or the Add Contact button next to New Client.
- Fill out the form, and click Save Contact.
Importing Clients and Client Contacts
You can import clients and contacts from a CSV as long as the file is formatted correctly. To get client and contact data into a CSV, organize your data into a spreadsheet (using Excel, Numbers, Google Spreadsheet, etc.), and save or export it as a CSV file. Once the file is formatted as described below and saved as a CSV file, you can import it by clicking the Import/Export dropdown in Manage > Clients and selecting the correct option.
Organize the spreadsheet with the following 2 columns (in the same order):
- Client Name
You can also download a sample CSV file (right-click link).
Importing Client Contacts
Organize the spreadsheet with the following 8 columns (in the same order):
- First Name
- Last Name
- Office Phone
- Mobile Phone
Here’s a sample CSV file (right-click link).
Exporting Clients and Client Contacts
In Manage > Clients, click the Import/Export dropdown to see the options for exporting your clients or client contacts to a CSV or Excel file. Exporting clients will give you a file with each client’s name and mailing address, while exporting client contacts will result in a file with the following information for each individual client contact in your account: client, first name, last name, title, email, office phone, mobile phone, and fax.
Editing Clients and Client Contacts
Updates made to a client’s name and address will effect all invoices for that client, including invoices made in the past. You may want to export PDFs of any already existing invoices for historical purposes before you update their info.
- Go to Manage > Clients and click Edit next to the client name (in the gray bar).
- Make any changes and click Update Client.
Editing Client Contacts
- Go to Manage > Clients and click the Edit button next to any contact’s name.
- Make any changes and click Update Contact.
Archiving and Deleting Clients
You can only archive clients if you archive all of their projects. Once you’ve done that:
- Go to Manage > Clients and click Edit next to the client name.
- In their profile, you’ll see a link to archive that client.
To restore archived clients, go to Manage > Clients and click Manage Archived Clients.
You can only delete clients if you delete all of their projects. Once you’ve done that:
- Go to Manage > Clients and click the blue Edit link that appears to the right of the client’s name.
- In their profile, you will see a link to remove that client from your account. This removal will be permanent and irreversible.