You can integrate your Stripe account with Harvest so your clients can pay you online via the Web Invoice. Besides removing the administrative overhead of collecting checks, online payment often means that clients pay sooner. The Stripe integration offers two payment options:
- Credit card: This option is available for invoices in any currencies supported by your Stripe account, and your clients can choose to have Stripe remember their credit card information so they never have to enter it again.
- ACH (bank transfer): This lower-fee option is available for invoices in USD, and your clients can make payment from a US or Canadian bank supported by Plaid, the system Stripe uses to authenticate bank accounts. Note that a payment may take 3 to 5 days to clear in Stripe—until then, the invoice will be marked as pending. Initially, your Stripe account might not allow individual transactions over 2,000 USD or transaction totals over 10,000 USD per week. To inquire about increasing these limits, please contact the team at Stripe directly.
Additionally, if you send recurring invoices, the Stripe integration will allow your clients to set up automatic recurring payments. More information on this can be found in our article on recurring invoices.
Once you’ve enabled the integration, no additional setup is needed to accept credit card payments. You’ll need to opt in to ACH payments with the Enable bank transfer (ACH) payments checkbox for Stripe in Invoices > Configure > Online Payment.
Then, you can check the Include link to Web Invoice for online payment box whenever you send an invoice, and when your client views the Web Invoice by clicking the link in the invoice email, a button at the top right will offer one or both payment methods, depending on whether you’ve enabled ACH payments and the invoice’s currency. To see what this looks like for your clients, you can click into any invoice and then click the Web Invoice button.
Integrating with Harvest
- Go to Invoices > Configure > Online Payment and click Connect with Stripe.
- If you already have a Stripe account, sign in. If you’re new to Stripe, fill out the quick form.
- To opt in to ACH payments, check the Enable bank transfer (ACH) payments box for Stripe in Invoices > Configure > Online Payment and click the Save Stripe Settings button.
You can disable payments via Stripe if you’re no longer using the service. You must go to Stripe to disconnect your Harvest and Stripe accounts.
- From your dashboard in Stripe, go to your Business Settings.
- Go to Authorized Apps.
- Next to Harvest, click Revoke Access.