PayPal Payments Standard
If you’re a Regular User, check out our Regular User resources.
You can integrate your PayPal account with Harvest and choose the PayPal Payments Standard option so your clients can pay you online via the Web Invoice.
Once the integration is set up, whenever you send an invoice you can check the Include link to Web Invoice for online payment box. When your client views the Web Invoice by clicking the link in the invoice email, they’ll see a button at the top right that they can use to pay. To see what this looks like for them, you can click into any invoice and then click the Web Invoice button.
Integrating with Harvest
- Go to Invoices > Configure > Online Payment and click Activate PayPal.
- Enter your PayPal Email, select PayPal Standard, and click Save PayPal Settings.
You can disable payments via PayPal Payments Standard if you’re no longer using the service.
- Go to Invoices > Configure > Online Payment.
- Click the Deactivate PayPal link at the bottom of the page and confirm that you want to Deactivate PayPal.
Personal vs. Business Account
If you plan on using PayPal Payments Standard for business transactions, you should sign up for a business account. There’s no sign-up fee for either personal or business Payments Standard accounts. Fees are applied to your transactions.
To sign up for PayPal Payments Standard:
- Go to the PayPal website and click the Sign Up link at the top of the page.
- Choose to sign up for a Personal Account or a Business Account and click Continue.
- For a personal account: Fill out the sign-up form. For a business account: Click the Select Standard button and complete the following steps.
While you don’t have to link your bank account to your personal or business PayPal account in order to use PayPal Payments Standard in Harvest, we strongly recommend that you do. Linking your bank account to your PayPal account affects things on the PayPal end, which you can read more about on their website.