With our Harvest Chrome Extension, you can track time to GitHub issues and pull requests. This is only available in the Chrome web browser.
Downloading the Chrome Extension
Using the GitHub Integration
Tracking Time in GitHub
Once the Extension is linked to Harvest, you can track time on any issue or pull request:
- Click the Track Time button in the upper right corner of the issue or pull request, or down near the comments section.
- A timer window will open up. Choose a project and task.
- Click Start Timer or add some time and Save.
- To stop a timer, click the running timer icon again (it will have turned blue). The timer window will open, and you can click Stop Timer.
Harvest Project and Task Suggestions
- Harvest projects will be suggested based on your GitHub repository. Once you or one of your teammates tracks time to a repo, we’ll remember the project you tracked time to and suggest it every time in that repo.
- Harvest tasks will be suggested based on your GitHub issue or pull request. Once you or one of your teammates tracks time to an issue or pull request, we’ll remember the task you tracked time to and suggest it every time for that issue or pull request.
Note: You must set your projects up independently in Harvest. GitHub repositories will not automatically be created as projects in Harvest.