Google Calendar and Outlook.com Calendar
If the time you track often lines up with the events in your Google or Outlook.com Calendar, integrating your calendar app with Harvest will allow you to use those events to populate new time entry information on the Day view of your timesheet.
Integrating your Google Calendar or Outlook.com Calendar
There are two ways to integrate your calendar with Harvest:
- When you click New Entry in your Time section, a “drawer” will open on the left showing the two options. Click one of them and complete the authorization process. Please ensure that you’re on the Day view of your timesheet, since the drawer won’t display on the Week view.
- Click your name at the top right and select My Profile, then go to your profile’s Security tab. In the Integrations section, click Connect for the option you want and complete the authorization process. You can connect this way even if you’ve dismissed the calendar integration drawer on your timesheet.
Note that you can only connect either a Google or an Outlook.com account, not both. If you start using one service and want to switch to the other one, please first disconnect the current integration in the Integrations section of your profile.
Creating new time entries from your calendar
Once you’ve connected your calendar app, click the New Time Entry button on the Day view of your timesheet to open a “drawer” with the current day’s calendar events. Note that the drawer won’t display on the Week view, and it won’t show all-day events.
When you click on the calendar event you’d like to create a time entry for, Harvest will add the event title to the new time entry’s notes and populate the entry’s duration or start and end time fields (depending on your Harvest account settings) based on the event’s start and end times. Select the relevant project and task, edit anything you’d like, and click Save Entry to add the new time entry to your timesheet.
Once you’ve created a time entry based on a calendar event, that event will be grayed out in the drawer and can’t be used to make more time entries going forward. If you delete the connected time entry, the calendar event will be available again for creating a new time entry.
Disconnecting the calendar integration
To disconnect your Google or Outlook.com Calendar account from your Harvest account:
- Click your name at the top right of your Harvest account and select My Profile.
- Go to your profile’s Security tab.
- In the Integrations section, click Disconnect for the connected calendar account.
This will cause Harvest to disable the connection on our end. Any time entries created from calendar events will remain in your Harvest account. To officially revoke access, you may also want to take any relevant steps within your Google or Outlook.com Calendar account.