iPhone - Tracking Expenses
With Harvest for iPhone, you can enter expenses and upload photos of your receipts directly to your Harvest account. To enter an expense:
- Tap the Expenses button (fork and knife icon) in the menu along the bottom of your screen.
- Your screen will default to today’s date. You can swipe left or right to move between weeks or, to select a specific date, tap the more actions icon (three dots), then select Change Date. To jump back to today’s date, tap the calendar icon.
- Tap the green plus sign (bottom right corner). If this is your first expense entry for the week, you can also tap Add New Expense in the middle of your screen.
- From the Choose Project screen, select a project by scrolling through the list of active projects or by entering the desired project name in the search bar.
- If you’re an Admin, or if you’re a Project Manager with create project permissions, you can create a new project by tapping the plus sign.
- From the Choose Category screen, select a category.
- If you’d like, enter notes in the Notes (optional) field.
- Mark the expense as either billable or non-billable by tapping the toggle on or off.
- Enter the expense Amount, then tap Save.
You can upload photos of your receipts when creating or editing expenses. To upload an expense receipt photo:
- From the Edit Expense or New Expense screen, tap the camera icon.
- Either take a new photo or choose one from your camera roll. You can select from any of your recent photos directly from the camera view. Receipt photos taken through the app will automatically save to your camera roll.
- Tap Save (upper right corner).
Note: Uploaded receipt images will be resized to approximately 451×600 pixels.
Editing and Deleting Expenses
- Tap the expense entry you need to change.
- Select any field to edit it.
- When you’ve made your changes, tap Save (upper right corner).
- To delete an expense, simply tap Delete Expense at the bottom of the Edit Expense screen. You can also delete an entry by holding it down, then selecting Delete.