Android - Tracking Expenses
Entering Expenses and Uploading Receipts
With Harvest for Android, you can enter expenses and upload pictures of your receipts directly to your Harvest account. To enter an expense:
- Tap the navigation menu button (three horizontal lines) at the top left of your Harvest app, then select Expenses from the menu.
- Tap the plus sign (bottom right corner).
- The last project and expense category you tracked an expense to will automatically be suggested. To select a different project/category, tap the project/category name.
- From the Choose Project screen, select a project by scrolling through the list of active projects or by using the search icon to find the desired project.
- If you’re an Admin, or if you’re a Project Manager with create project permissions, you can create a new project by tapping the plus sign.
- From the Choose Category screen, select a category by scrolling through the list or by using the search icon to find the desired category.
- Mark the expense as billable, or deselect the check box if the expense is non-billable.
- Select a Date and enter the expense Amount.
- To add a Receipt, tap (from left to right) the PDF button to attach a PDF, the Photos button to upload an existing picture, or the Camera button to take a new picture.
- After you’re done, tap SAVE.
Editing and Deleting Expenses
- Tap on the expense entry you need to change.
- Select any field to edit it.
- When you’re done, tap SAVE.
- Alternatively, tap DELETE to remove the entry. You can also hold your finger down on an entry, and an actions menu will pop up with a DELETE option.