Managing Your Billing and Closing Your Account
Change your plan or billing information, view Harvest receipts, change your web address, or close your account from the Billing Information section of your Settings (upper right corner).
Only people with administrator permissions can view and change account settings. If you don’t see the Settings link in your navigation, you don’t have administrator permissions.
Upgrading Your Account
Any administrator can easily upgrade a trial account to a paid plan:
- In your Settings (top right), go to the Billing Information section and click Upgrade.
- Complete the upgrade process by choosing to pay monthly or yearly, entering the number of people who will be using the account, and entering payment information.
If you enabled sample data when you opened your trial account, sample items will be automatically removed when you upgrade.
Visit our pricing page for more information on pricing.
Adding or Removing Users
Your user count, adjusted here in the Billing Information section, determines the amount you’re billed as well as the maximum number of people who can be active in your account. That is, if you want to reduce the amount you’re charged, you’ll need to first archive or delete people under Team and then reduce your user count here; along the same lines, you’ll need to increase your user count before you’re able to invite more people to start using your Harvest account.
Note that you can’t reduce your user count from the account settings if you’re on a yearly plan. To do that, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can reduce your user count on our end and prorate a refund.
Any administrator can increase or decrease the user count of a monthly account:
- In your Settings (top right), go to the Billing Information section and click the Add or Remove Users button.
- On the next screen, you’ll see your current number of allotted user seats.
- After changing your total number of users, click the Save & update monthly billing amount button to adjust your paid user count.
- Your next monthly bill will increase or decrease based on the new user count.
Any administrator can increase the user count of a yearly account:
- In your Settings (top right), go to the Billing Information section and click the Add Users button.
- On the next screen, you’ll see your current number of allotted users.
- After entering the number of additional user seats you’d like to purchase, click the Submit Order button.
- If you pay yearly by credit card, you’ll automatically be charged a prorated amount for the users you add. If you pay yearly via invoice, you’ll receive an invoice for the prorated amount.
Changing Your Payment Method
Any administrator can change the billing method for their account from Billing Information, found in the Settings section of your account. Harvest offers the following payment methods:
- Credit card—available for all accounts.
- Check or wire transfer via an invoice—available for accounts with 10+ people paying yearly.
The exact options you see for changing your payment method in Billing Information will depend on your current payment method:
- If you currently pay monthly and would like to switch to yearly billing, click the Pay Yearly button.
- If you currently pay yearly and would like to switch to monthly billing, please contact Harvest support.
- If you currently pay for a yearly account with 10+ people by credit card and would like to request an invoice, click the Pay by Check button.
- If you currently pay for a yearly account by invoice and would like to pay by credit card, click the Pay Yearly by Credit Card button.
Harvest also offers a free plan. You can find out more about it and how to switch to it here.
Updating Your Billing Info
Any administrator can update an account’s billing address, credit card, and receipt/invoice recipients (depending on how you pay) from the Billing Information section of your Settings (top right).
If you pay by credit card:
- Click the Edit card link to edit the credit card currently being used in your account. You can also edit your billing address from here. Click Update after making any changes.
- Click the Edit emails link to add or remove receipt recipients. Click Save after making any changes to the list.
If you pay by invoice:
- Click the Edit billing address link to edit the address that appears on your invoice from Harvest. Note that the name that appears on the invoice is your company name as set in Settings > Preferences > Company Name.
- Click the Edit emails link to add or remove invoice recipients. Click Save after making any changes to the list.
Closing Your Account/Putting Your Account on Hold
To cancel your subscription, the owner of your account will need to close the account or put it on hold.
If you are the Account Owner and you’d like to close your Harvest account or put it on hold, you can do that right from your account. Once completed, we’ll email you a link to download your account’s time and invoice data that will be available for one week after the account is put on hold or closed.
We also recommend that you export any other data you may need before closing the account. If any of the exports are emailed to you rather than downloaded immediately, please make sure you follow those links and download the reports before closing the account, as the links won’t be available after you’ve taken that step.
If you choose to put your account on hold, all data will be kept intact for six months, during which time you’ll still be able to access the Reports section (although exporting isn’t possible) but won’t otherwise be able to actively use the account. If the account isn’t reactivated after six months, it’ll be permanently deleted along with any data in it. For this reason, we recommend that you also export all data before putting your account on hold.
Note that both of these actions take effect immediately, even if you have time remaining in your billing cycle, so please make sure you and your team are completely done using the account. If your account was a yearly subscription, get in touch with us at email@example.com as soon as you’ve closed your account or put it on hold so we can process a pro-rated refund for any unused time you had left.
Only the current account owner can take the following steps. To close your account or put it on hold as the account owner:
- In your Settings (top right), go to the Billing Information section and click Close Account.
- You have the option to Put Account on Hold or Close Account. Click whichever button applies.
Any administrator can reactivate an on-hold account:
- Sign in to your Harvest account.
- In your Settings (top right), go to the Billing Information section and click Reactivate Account, then complete the upgrade process. Please note that this will start a new paid subscription for you! Once that’s done, you’ll be all set to get back to work with Harvest.
Harvest Receipts and Invoices
If you pay for Harvest by credit card, you’ll receive an email receipt. Yearly accounts with 10+ people that choose to pay by invoice will receive those via email, as well.
To add additional information to your receipts and invoices, such as a VAT number or your full business name, go to your Settings (top right) and, in the Billing Information section, click the Add details link:
Enter the information you need in the free-form text field, and we’ll add it to your receipts and invoices going forward.
Harvest receipts and invoices are sent to the account owner and anyone else specified under Billing Information in your Settings (top right). Administrators can add or remove recipients by clicking the Edit emails link below the list of recipients. Click Save after making changes to the list.
Harvest receipts are emailed after successful payment and can also be viewed at any time from Billing Information. Invoices are not displayed in your account.