Setting up the Harvest + Forecast integration
As a project manager, answering questions such as “are things progressing as planned?” or “will this project go over budget?” can be tedious and time-consuming. By using Harvest and Forecast together, it can be as easy as viewing built-in reports. With the Harvest + Forecast integration correctly set up, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- View real-time project health to to see how many hours your project will hit, and when you’re projected to reach your budget.
- Compare estimates vs. actuals to see how plans stack up against reality.
- Schedule teams and projects in Forecast based on the remaining budget in Harvest.
Step 1: Connect your Harvest + Forecast accounts
- Connect your Harvest account to Forecast from the Account Settings section in Forecast. (More information on how to do that can be found in the Forecast Help Center
- If your Harvest account is currently connected to a different Forecast account, you can either disconnect it or use the other Forecast account for your testing. Please refer to this FAQ.
- After connecting Harvest and Forecast, import any existing Projects from Harvest into Forecast that need to be scheduled. We recommend you only import projects that actively need staffing, to prevent clutter in the Projects view in Forecast. You can always import additional projects later!
Step 2: Set up Forecast-powered projects
For best results, you should create your projects in Harvest and then import them into Forecast.
- Create a Project from within your Harvest account.
- Note: In order to see your budget predictions, you will need to select an invoice method of Person Hourly Rate or Project Hourly Rate.
- Then, head over to Forecast and Import your Harvest projects from the Projects page. For the best experience, we strongly recommend importing only projects you are actively staffing. You can always import more projects as needed later.
- Now, all you need to do is get to work! Plan your time in Forecast and track your time in Harvest, and you’ll get immediate results.
- In Harvest, you’ll see projections on the Project Progress Graph and you’ll see Estimates vs Actuals on the Hours per Week graph and Team Table.
- In Forecast, you’ll see the remaining budgets of your projects from Harvest so you can schedule your projects with precision. For more information, visit the Forecast Help Center.